In the Y12Sr Leadership Training we:
● Create safe, sacred, open and inclusive space that welcomes all who are dealing with their own addictive behavior, or that of others
● Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery
● Recognize symptoms of unresolved trauma and emotional dysregulation
● Share yoga as a tool for relapse prevention, and to sustainably manage internal states
● Utilize teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally
● Use social learning theory to model new behavior and support observational learning
● Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation and spiritual bypass/arrogance
● Work collaboratively within the group setting, and with institutions
● Develop a network of professionals, including trauma experts and others in field of addiction recovery
This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. Programs may be taken in any sequence.