Understand and Support Addiction Recovery
The Y12SR program presents a framework for addiction recovery that includes the cognitive approach of 12-step programs, the trauma healing approach of Somatic Experiencing and body-based approaches of yoga and mindfulness.
Using material from ancient texts, trauma research and modern neuroscience studies, we’ll learn how combining cognitive and somatic approaches can support changes in brain patterning. Y12SR training equips participants with the knowledge, understanding and application of yoga and the 12 steps. Participants will gain the tools to offer weekly Y12SR classes in their communities.
In this 3 day training we will:
- Investigate yogic and 12-step principles as a foundation of recovery
- Recognize the symptomology of unresolved trauma and nervous system dys-regulation
- Discover sustainable ways for self-regulation and stress management that enhance physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, counter-transference, boundary violations and spiritual bypass
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction recovery treatment field
This is a combination of the Y12SR Intensive and the Leadership trainings. This training results in full Y12SR certification.
8:30AM- 4:00pm each day