Y12SR is a community organizing and education platform dedicated to healing all addiction and bring that healing at the deepest level - which is ultimately the addiction to power and control.
Yoga 12 Step Recovery
To support this healing there are 2 branches to the Y12SR organization:
- Education and Training – all Y12SR teaching and classes fall under this heading of the organization, including the body of work under the heading of Codependency.
- The Y12SR Foundation – the work of the foundation is community outreach. This branch of Y12SR is one of 6 legacy programs that sit under the 501(c)(3) umbrella of the Give Back Yoga Foundation (GBY). GBY Legacy programs include: The Prison Yoga Project, Mindful Yoga for Veterans, Eat, Breathe, Thrive, Yoga 4 Cancer, The Hard and Soft Yoga Institute and Y12SR.
There are currently 3 projects under the Y12SR Foundation:
- Community Outreach Initiative (COI)– Certified Y12SR leaders who are willing to bring the benefits of Y12SR into non profit rehabs and treatment centers serving under resourced, vulnerable and marginalized populations can receive remuneration for their service through grants and donations offered to the COI. In addition COI funds are used to award scholarships to Y12SR training programs
- Race in America (RIA) – RIA is the collaborative project developed by Seane Corn and Nikki Myers. RIA is a listening, learning, and embodied immersion into the depth of what it really means – the backbreaking cost – for all of us to live in a racialized society and what it will mean to transform it.
- Communities Rizing – Communities Rizing is the collaboration work of Rolf Gates and Nikki Myers to bring yoga teacher training into historically marginalized communities. Communities Rizing is a next generation 200HR Teacher Training specializing in working with BIPOC to offer the tools of yoga and mindfulness to communities that are inordinately affected by physical, mental and spiritual trauma and oppression.