Intro to Y12SR with Lynn Gifford
August 25, 2018
$25/$35 prior to July 25, 2018
The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) is a relapse prevention program that was created as a holistic model to address the physical, mental and spiritual dis-ease of addiction. Informed by the latest research in neuroscience and trauma healing, Y12SR “connects the dots” by combining the ancient wisdom and somatic approach of yoga with the cognitive approach of the most well-known addictive recovery program in the world, the 12-step recovery model.
Y12SR’s sustainable recovery program is based in the yoga sutra 2.16 ~ “Future suffering can be avoided.” There is a solution. The path and purpose of yoga and the 12-step recovery program are similar and two-fold: freedom / emancipation (from suffering) and fulfillment (to skillfully navigate through the world while thriving in every area of life).
Join us in this introductory workshop as we discuss:
· What Y12SR is and what is not
· The Dis-ease of Addiction
· The 12 Step Recovery Program
· The Art and Science of Yoga
· Similarities between the 12-Step Recovery Program and Yoga Philosophy
· The Neurobiology and Physiology of Trauma
· Y12SR Meetings / Embodiment Concepts / Interventions / Practice
· How to bring Y12SR’s sustainable recovery program to your community